In this episode, the very first of Season 2 (yippie!) Brenda and Kristi reminisce about their last weeks of summer with their boys (Brenda: Dylan, 17 & Oliver, 10; Kristi: J.R., 15 & Jackson, 12). It’s back to pencils, back to books, back to blonde appointment books. In other words: it’s on, bitches!
- Anchor a one stop shop for your Disorderly Blondes Autism Podcast listening pleasure; choose from many platforms within Anchor from which to tune in; has a voice message option allowing you carte blanche to let us know just how amazing you think we are OR leave requests, Casey Kasem-esque Long Distance Dedications (and short!), questions, etc.!
- autism the reason why the blondes podcast; the diagnosis with which both Brenda’s Dylan (17) & Kristi’s JR (15) are labeled; not to be confused with the now defunct PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified) which made Kristi feel better than everyone else for an entire 3 seconds; fun fact: not ever supposed to be called “pure autism,” or “straight up autism,” (Kristi is a dope) #knowthesigns
- Autism Bites Supper Club the blondes have talked about whipping this project up for years and they’ve finally perfected the recipe; those in the “club” (join us!) experience group dining hosted by local restaurants for a sensory friendly, family friendly, no-judgement-zone luncheon and connect with fellow parents whose plates are equally “full;” follow us on Facebook and Instagram for dates and RSVP already
- Disorderly Blondes Autism Podcast the blondes are so self absorbed they jumped right into S2 E15 without formally introducing the podcast or themselves; maybe feel lucky about this?
- Ellijay, Georgia The (Kristi) Vannattas’ last hurrah summer vacay spot where she successfully saved her kids from “white water tubing” (okay, she made that up) sasquatches, funiculars, lovers leaping (Lookout Mountain, TN), trench foot (aka pata sucia), a pyromaniac (Tim Vannatta), and trees falling on and snapping ziplines (she did not make this up); in summary: a trip of a lifetime; #family #memories #wandermust #supportretail #raisegirls
- form something Brenda sometimes “lacks”; #sorrynotsorry she can fill out a school form, but scores low in follow-through with the turning in of said form; she can show perfect form by biting her tongue as Dylan’s cheer squad forms a less than perfect pyramid #dancecoachproblems
- libraries big buildings with a soul purpose of housing elevators also known as Oliver’s entertainment capsules; allegedly contains books; don’t tell Brenda that one may apply for an actual library card online
- Oliver we’ll go on ahead and dedicate an entire entry to Brenda’s Oli (10); Oli’s diagnosis is a genetic duplication (CHRNA7), MTHFR mutation, apraxia of speech, and hypotonia; also, he is one happy, determined little mo-fo
- @photosbylisset the only photographer who wouldn’t want to shoot the blondes while shooting the blondes; gifted artist; miracle worker; Miami girl; friend
- VoyageMIA a Miami magazine filled with ladybosses, trendsetters, trailblazers, movers, and IG worthy shakers from the 305 and beyond; listen to Kristi’s riveting discussion about her love for laundry and cleaning out closets in S2 E15 and you’ll understand why the blondes are getting so much press; #inspiring
- Welcome to Hialeah (Bienvenidos a Hialeah) because they’re so punny and not the least bit bitter, the blondes crafted their very own version of Emily Perl Kingsley’s epically lame poem “Welcome to Holland;” the original is meant to reassure parents that raising a special needs child may not be a journey they have chosen, but is nonetheless an equally beautiful one; the blondes’ version only reassures us that this mission to casa de yuca is paved with croquetas
“So you must switch out your heels for chancletas. Irregardless you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of chongas you would never have met. It’s just a more caffeinated place. Con muchos abuelos.
But after you’ve been there for a while and you are run off the road by a Leon Medical Center van, you look around…. and you begin to notice that Hialeah has croquetas….and Hialeah has La Fresa Francesa.
Hialeah even has Westland Mall.““Welcome to Hialeah” by Disorderly Blondes Autism Podcast